Preventing Deaths in Police Care - Conference - 27 Sept 2010Preventing Deaths in Police Care - Monday, 27 September 2010
Capita’s 10th National Preventing Deaths in Police Care Conference is timed to follow the recent publication of Expectations, the detailed inspection criteria for assessing the treatment and conditions for detainees in police custody.
This timely event examines ways in which forces can ensure they achieve appropriate standards and assure the safety of detainees in this high risk custodial setting.
The HM Inspectorate of Prisons and the HM Inspectorate of Constabulary began their series of joint inspections in 2008. Two years on, this important event gives delegates the opportunity to hear best practice advice and guidance on preventing harm and ensuring the custodial workforce is well equipped to effectively assess and eliminate the risk of detainee fatalities.
Expert speakers address key topics, including:
• Trends and commonalities of deaths occurring in police care
• An update from HMIC on their new inspection criteria
• Implementing effective risk assessment strategies
• Improving treatment and conditions for vulnerable detainees
• In-depth advice and guidance on the legal implications of deaths in police care
Attend this conference to assess your force’s own custodial procedures and benchmark them against those leading the way in preventing avoidable deaths occurring in police care.
Contact Richard Goddard at